Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm Kristy and I am a decorator-AHOLIC!

Something is definitely wrong with me.. LOL!  I think I am a glutton for punishment!

So, I decided to re-do all my kitchen cabinets which is a huge job and is taking a lot longer than expected but doesn't it always?  But, the nicer things start looking the more I want to do.  So what started with the cabinets has now transformed in to furniture moving, dining room cabinets, window treatments, wainscoting and more...

That being said, we have been working on many different things with not one thing complete yet.  I am going to show you some pics of the dining room cabinets and the direction that we are going with it.

These cabinets were free! Yep that's right folks free. Some people were re-doing their kitchen and just gave away the old cabinets so I took them.  I originally painted them red and added hardware to match what I already had in my kitchen.
(These are the top cabinets)

This is the bottom. You can see we have already started priming.


Here's a close up of the cabinets together primed and painted. I thought I was going to be done with them here besides the doors and accessories but I came up with an add on! (As always)

And here is the add on.. I added wainscoting to the back. It looks amazing! I can't wait to show you the whole thing when it's all done.  But now, I think I want to re-paint the dining room and add wainscoting and a chair rail to the rest of the room. shhhh....I haven't broken the news to poor hubby yet.  He made me laugh today because while we were at Home Depot buying supplies and I was talking about the add ons.  He said "Your blog sure does make a lot more work for me" LOL!  And its true, Because of all you amazing bloggers out there who inspire me everyday and give me really great ideas!

Love,
Kristy

Oh, that handsome fellow in the pic above is my eldest son Ethan. He's 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment